Thursday, May 14, 2015

Dual-GPUs

Hi guys, sorry it’s been an intense week and I haven’t had much time to post. I’m going to try to catch up this weekend.

This week I received a question from a YouTube viewer: What are your thoughts on duel grpahic cards?



Dual graphics cards running in SLI/Crossfire work great if the programs you want to use them with are optimized to take advantage of multi-GPU configurations. If they aren’t optimized then the second card just sits there and doesn’t do much of anything. To avoid worrying about which games will or will not support multi-GPUs I personally prefer a single powerful GPU that I’ll be able to use 100% of all the time.

Some people will buy two cheap GPUs and put them together hoping to achieve equivalent performance of a more powerful GPU for a cheaper cost, but this depends (and varies) entirely on the program/game you’re running. For the money I prefer a safe bet that I get all the processing power all the time so I still game with a single GPU.

 (This is me unboxing my current GPU)

No comments:

Post a Comment