Saturday, August 22, 2015

Hermes arrives!

My computers are all named for Greek gods and goddesses that represented most closely the functions my computers perform. Hermes, messenger of the gods, is my new/old notebook that now joins the team so I can keep this blog a bit more updated than it has been.

If you've been watching my channel for any length of time you know I'm always looking to save money and despise Microsoft Windows (mostly due to money). So I went out and looked for the best bang for the buck I could find and here is a video of what I picked up!

For the mere $180 this computer costs it is an amazing little machine that exemplifies why I am a believer in buying refurbished items. As long as they work it doesn't matter if they're pretty!

My new little friend runs Zorin OS 9 Core 64-bit and ran flawlessly the first time Zorin ran, zero driver issues! It's an example of why I have no problems with leaving Windows behind as Microsoft goes down a road of restrictive environments, privacy intrusions, continues to be unable (unwilling?) to deal with its security shortcomings.

If you didn't already know all of the videos on my channels are all processed by a trans-coding computer that also runs Linux. I've been very happy with its performance which is why I knew I didn't want a dual-booting notebook and instead was ready for a Linux-only notebook. I can't beat the price for performance ratio it offers! Windows would run rather slowly on a machine like this, but Linux runs great!

Now you'll get to see a whole lot more blogging here courtesy of Hermes, so I hope you enjoy it and thanks for reading my little blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment